You have probably been thinking about it all through the summer holidays, preparing your bags and buying all the uniform needed, but now that you are faced with the excitement and challenges of Year 7 and beyond you must surely must be thinking that ‘The Billericay School’ is not all to do with homework and detentions.
However if you are ever finding the start of secondary school difficult or stressful then fear not because the school is here to offer you fun and excitement during the school term to encourage you to take full advantage of what the school has to offer and to enjoy your time at school as much as possible.
This is where the P.E department come in because during the school terms the P.E department are offering a wide range of interesting and exciting activities (before school, at lunchtime and after school) from many sports to suit you and help you realise how beneficial and fun P.E can really be.
On the other hand you may think that sport and exercise is not to your liking and to enjoy sport it has to be done with a lot of effort and determination. But from this article I am sure you will be more than convinced to take up sport and exercise and see that it can still be good fun with all the other benefits in-between.
- Exercise does not have to be horrible, it can be as easy or as hard as you want just so long as you enjoy it
- It can improve your health and well being to make you feel better about yourself as a person
- You can meet new people with similar or different interests, which is always important when coming into Year 7
- It is a great past time activity and can be done individually or with a group of people if you want.
- Examples of the many great sports that the P.E department offer include athletics, rounders, cricket, football, water polo, swimming, netball and many more.
- Sport can also help you discover new things and help you make the most of life
- They can be done in many different weathers meaning you can go out and enjoy even more sports than ever before
- Also if you have any upcoming exams or homework, exercise can help you cope with stress and tension
For more information you can see any of the P.E staff in the P.E office (who are more than happy to help) or there are P.E club timetables around the school to show you all the exciting and fun activities available. So don’t leave it until later, get out there now and try something new, you never know you might surprise yourself.
Published by Alexander Tyldesley